Yesterday morning, I took the South West Trains from Chandler’s Ford to pick up my son from his grandparents in Woking.
I was surprised there was a special offer.
From Saturday 24 May to Sunday 1 June, adults off-peak Day Return is £14, and kids go for £5. There is a choice of 195 destinations across the South West Trains network.
Talking about coffee, we recently had a good discussion of coffee shops around the Fryern Arcade since the opening of Costa Coffee on the third of May. Today I’m going to draw your attention to three coffee shops at the other end of the road, near the train station.
1) K’ Sue Raa Coffee Bar at the Central Precinct (on Winchester Road):
K’Sue Raa Coffee Bar is very welcoming. On the window, you see these inviting words: Coffee, Choice, Chat, Chill out, Cosy, Cakes, Catering, Chocolate, Comfy, Charming, Cook….
Cross the road, and walk down the passage next to the traffic lights, you’ll come to the train station.
2) Chandler’s Ford Train Station Cafe (on Station Road):
Chandler’s Ford Train Station cafe is run by volunteers. Nick Farthing and the partnership officer Mark Miller welcome more volunteers to help run the very precious service, so that travellers can enjoy fresh coffee, and the money raised will transform our station into a more delightful place.
Walk through the Valley Park from the station, and you’ll get to Peter Green.
3) Peter Green Coffee Shop (on School Lane):
Peter Green is a well-loved high quality local furniture store, with 58 years of history. The cosy coffee shop is run by a young lady called Eleanor. You’ll love the aroma of coffee and the ambience there. I appreciate the personal touches in the coffee shop, with lovely wall arts and work from local artists.
Do you have a favourite coffee shop in Chandler’s Ford? What do you like about them? Do you have a memorable story to tell about your favourite coffee shop? Please leave a comment and share your story with us.
- Relish Canteen at Chandler’s Ford Central Precinct
- Asante Family Remains Optimistic Despite Chandler’s Ford Shop Closure
- Asante Chandler’s Ford Coffee Shop Closure
- Coffee Shops in Chandler’s Ford
- Coffee And Free WiFi In Chandler’s Ford
- In Love With Chandler’s Ford Coffee Shops
- Fryern Arcade Old And New
- The Big Issue In Chandler’s Ford
- Fryern Arcade In Chandler’s Ford: Major Changes Are Coming
- How I love Your Comments
- Where Is The Centre Of Chandler’s Ford?
- Peter Green Coffee Shop
- The Mall Shopping Centre In Chandler’s Ford
- Marie Curie Fundraising Success At Chandler’s Ford Asante
- August 24: Asante For Marie Curie Cancer Care
- What Had Happened To The Fryern Arcade Public Toilets?
- Supermarket ‘threat’ to charity coffee shop (From Daily Echo)
Never miss out on another blog post. Subscribe here:
Subscribe to Blog via Email