I travelled from Chandler’s Ford train station 3 times during the spring holiday.
This station is indeed a delight. Helpful staff, fragrant coffee, and while waiting for the train, you will sure find some good books from the second hand book stall, just next to the ticket office.
Through the amazing work by the Three Rivers Community Rail Partnership, you can now pick up some good books to read on your journey. This non-profit organisation promotes second hand book exchanges at Chandler’s Ford, Swaythling, St. Denys and Woolston stations.
Isn’t it a wonderful way to circulate good books and encourage reading in our community? Furthermore, by giving a small donation for the books, you could help raise fund to support various important work run by the Three Rivers Community Rail Partnership.
For those who are not aware, Three Rivers is a Community Rail Partnership. It promotes high quality train service in Salisbury, Dean, Mottisfont & Dunbridge, Redbridge, Millbrook, Southampton, St Denys, Swaythling, Southampton Airport, Eastleigh and Chandler’s Ford.
It’s a joint effort by a group of local authorities, local people and rail industry, working to promote the train service in this region.
I met Mark Miller, the partnership officer, on the train a few days ago. It’s inspiring to know that a great deal of work has been done to improve our joy of travel: flowers, coffee, books, bike doctors.
How can you help?
- New Chandler’s Ford – Southampton Airport Parkway Station Bus Service
- Friendly Touch At Chandler’s Ford Train Station
- In Love With Chandler’s Ford Coffee Shops
- Reminiscing The Old Chandler’s Ford Train Station
- Why Not Pick Up A Good Book At Chandler’s Ford Train Station?
- Chandler’s Ford Train Station Re-opening
- Historical Pictures: Chandler’s Ford Train Station Opened 10 Years Ago