Tony is back. Now we have new butchers at the Fryern Arcade in Chandler’s Ford.
The manager is Tony Padfield, from Highfield, who used to run Dukes Butchers just across the road at The Mall in Chandler’s Ford for 11 years.
The butchers’ shop called Grover Butchers opened yesterday. The sign still isn’t up yet.
I told you before butchers from Bishop’s Waltham were coming to Fryern Arcade. Now with the arrival of Grover Butchers yesterday, the shop-moving and shop-opening at the Fryern Arcade in Chandler’s Ford seem to have all settled.
Tony has been a butcher for 30 years. He told me he started when he was 14 years old, helping his brother-in-law. He used to run Dukes Butchers, until about 18 months ago, when high rent forced him to close the shop.
Tony has a young and able assistant called Lewis Vigor. Lewis also started working for a butcher at weekends when he was about 14 years old. After finishing GCSE, Lewis earned a butchery qualification from Sparsholt College, and has been a butcher for 7 years.
Residents of Chandler’s Ford certainly welcome Tony’s old-style butchers’ shop at the centre of Chandler’s Ford.
Tony told me that all meats are locally sourced from Bishop’s Waltham. He is proud of his award-winning sausages made from free-range pork. He will soon be starting selling all sorts of pies.
16 Fryern Arcade, Chandler’s Ford SO53 2DQ
Monday to Friday: 7am to 5pm
Saturday: 7am to 4pm
The butchers’ shop is located between Fryern Stationers and D & G Hardware Store. Grover Butchers has now replaced the post office, which has moved across to the other side. The new Fryern Arcade Post Office is now part of WH Smith.
I created this collage in May this year:
A few days after this post was published, Grover Butchers put their new shop sign up. The sign carries large letters in red.
Related posts on the Fryern Arcade, Chandler’s Ford:
- Fryern Arcade: Butchers And Post Office
- Fryern Arcade WH Smith Local & Post Office Open
- Fryern Arcade Post Office: Open 7 Days A Week?
- What Had Happened To The Fryern Arcade Public Toilets?
- Fryern Arcade D & G Hardware Store
- Fryern Arcade Old And New
- Fryern Arcade’s Fresh Look: MIBI, D & G
- Fryern Arcade In Chandler’s Ford: Major Changes Are Coming
- Buying Christmas Trees At Fryern Arcade
- “We’re Sorry To Be Leaving Fryern…But…”
- Where Is The Centre Of Chandler’s Ford?
- How I love Your Comments
- Coffee And Free WiFi In Chandler’s Ford
- In Love With Chandler’s Ford Coffee Shops
- D & G Hardware: From Canberra To Chandler’s Ford
- Nostalgia: My Stamp Collection
- The Big Issue In Chandler’s Ford
- The Myth Of Thomas The Tank Engine
- Who Are The Heavenly Knitters in Chandler’s Ford?
- Table Hogging