Tomorrow (Friday 5th December) between 4pm and 5pm, the Christmas tree lights at the Central Precinct of Chandler’s Ford will be turned on.
What? A Christmas tree at the Central Precinct? Where is it?
Well, you just have to walk past the gigantic recycling bins, walk straight into the courtyard, and pass two yew trees.
Then you’ll see the Christmas tree:
Daniel Mulcahy, who runs From Old To New: Furniture Upholstery And Restoration at the Central Precinct, sent me an email this afternoon:
“We are turning our Christmas tree lights on tomorrow between 4pm and 5pm Friday. There will be a mince pie for you!”
How could I possibly turn down the very first mince pie invitation this Christmas?
I popped in to see Dan straight after work and pressed for more information.
Danny said this will be the first time that the Central Precinct will have a Christmas Lights Switching On ceremony.
Who’s turning the lights on? Which celebrity?
Well, Jasmine, the 2-year-old daughter of the owner of The Race Centre at the Central Precinct, will be the star who switches on the Christmas lights tomorrow. “Apparently, she will also be wearing a Christmas outfit,” Danny said.
Who provides mulled wine and mince pies?
Danny said a few traders have decided to get together to bring Christmas cheer to friends and Chandler’s Ford residents tomorrow.
Mulled wine (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and mince pies will be served just outside ReesLeisure.
Danny told me actually it is the third year that there is a Christmas tree at the Central Precinct, but “nothing was as grand as this before.”
Where is the Christmas tree from?
Danny bought the tree from Hillier, then popped it up with some of his upholstery material.
How tall is the tree?
“I think it’s 6 foot!”
What happens after the drinks?
“Who knows where the mood will take us!”
Read related posts about The Central Precinct of Chandler’s Ford:
- Central Precinct: Christmas Lights Now Switched On
- Three Things I Love About Chandler’s Ford
- Example of French Baguette Connection To Inspire You
- Comfy K’Sue Raa Coffee Bar At Central Precinct
- Chandler’s Ford Snooker Club and Central Precinct
- Chandler’s Ford Changes. What’s Your View?
- Is Chandler’s Ford Central Precinct International?
- Meet Mr Chen From China Wok At Central Precinct
- New Sign: Central Precinct Of Chandler’s Ford
- Everything Flowers (Love Flowers) From The Central Precinct
- Where Is The Centre Of Chandler’s Ford?
- From Old To New: Furniture Upholstery And Restoration In Chandler’s Ford
- The Best Kept Secret In Chandler’s Ford – The Tea Museum
- Coffee Shops In Chandler’s Ford
- The Art Of Tea Tasting At Ahmad Tea