The “Precinct Pals” welcomed Christmas today with mulled wine and mince pies in Chandler’s Ford.
Of course there was no need for road closure either.
Instead, the lights were delicately switched on by the star of the Central Precinct, two-year-old Jasmine, whose father runs The Race Centre.
Today, several traders got together to share Christmas joy with friends, families, and residents, from 4pm to 5pm.
Keith Medley knows Central Precinct well
I was so pleased today to have met Keith Medley, who travelled from Romsey to join the celebration. Keith has been working at the Central Precinct for 52 years. He maintains the site; he knows the history of Central Precinct.
Keith has witnessed the changes of the Central Precinct. He told me there used to be a market called Key Market in the Central Precinct.
Keith said the community spirit in the Central Precinct used to be stronger, because traders who worked at the Central Precinct also lived there. However, now traders don’t live there anymore, and some traders do not stay long.
In my Chandler’s Ford Snooker Club and Central Precinct post, Nick Coleman, who used to run his business at the Central Precinct, wrote about Keith Medley’s contribution in our community:
“I knew the hard-working and always cheery Keith Medley who worked tirelessly maintaining the common areas of the Central Precinct. He mowed the lawned areas, tended the plants in the large flower tubs and kept the pathways weed-free. He also cleaned everyone’s windows as well as our glazed office frontage. I am pleased to learn that business owners and visitors still enjoy the fruits of his labours.”
By Nick Coleman: Comment on Chandler’s Ford Snooker Club and Central Precinct
Lovely mulled wine (alcoholic) and mince pies were served in Rees Leisure.
I would like to thank Danny Mulcahy, who runs From Old To New: Furniture Upholstery And Restoration, for inviting me to enjoy the lovely Central Precinct community this afternoon.
Danny played a key role in running around organising the event. The atmosphere was upbeat as Jasmine turned on the Christmas lights.
It was so sweet, so personal, and so memorable.
Read related posts about The Central Precinct of Chandler’s Ford:
- Mulled Wine & Mince Pies At Central Precinct
- Three Things I Love About Chandler’s Ford
- Example of French Baguette Connection To Inspire You
- Comfy K’Sue Raa Coffee Bar At Central Precinct
- Chandler’s Ford Snooker Club and Central Precinct
- Chandler’s Ford Changes. What’s Your View?
- Is Chandler’s Ford Central Precinct International?
- Meet Mr Chen From China Wok At Central Precinct
- New Sign: Central Precinct Of Chandler’s Ford
- Everything Flowers (Love Flowers) From The Central Precinct
- Where Is The Centre Of Chandler’s Ford?
- From Old To New: Furniture Upholstery And Restoration In Chandler’s Ford
- The Best Kept Secret In Chandler’s Ford – The Tea Museum
- Coffee Shops In Chandler’s Ford
- The Art Of Tea Tasting At Ahmad Tea