A few weeks ago, I went to the Gift Day at the Dovetail Centre of the Chandler’s Ford Methodist Church. The purpose of the day was to raise fund to refurbish Dovetail Centre, one of the most popular community centres in the heart of Chandler’s Ford.
It was a happy morning. We were sitting at the delightful Dovetail Centre, chatting to old and new friends, and were all excited about the new project.
The lighting, carpet, chairs, furniture, coffee machines…will all be improved to make Dovetail Centre a more inclusive, modern, and contemporary centre. Reverend Peter Cornick said the Dovetail Centre is a place where the community meets together, so its refurbishment is necessary to make the church’s wonderful resource fit for the future.
Coffee Room temporarily operating from the Purple Room
Currently The Coffee Room is operating from the Purple Room until Tuesday 15th August 2017 while the Dovetail Centre is being refurbished.
The usual range of teas and coffee and biscuits will be available from 9.30am to 12 noon Monday to Saturday. Access to the Purple Room is from the car park. Simply follow the signs.
John Bronsdon, in The Link magazine of the church, mentioned a few upcoming changes to the Dovetail Centre:
- A 60 inch TV will be wall mounted in the Dovetail Centre to be used for presentations, worship, meetings etc.
- The book exchange and card sales will be moved to the current information corner.
- The vacated corner will become a reflection area.
- The “library end” will be changed to a family area with easy seating, low tables and new storage for children’s toys and books.
- There will be a new coffee machine.
Official opening of the Dovetail Centre
A date for your diary – the official re-opening is on Friday 22nd September 2017 at 11.15am.
Developing the Dovetail Centre and Dovetail Centre café
When the Dovetail Centre reopens in September, The Coffee Room will be renamed Dovetail Centre Café.
The opening time will be longer, from 9am every weekday, and from 10am on Saturday.
There’ll be filter coffee, and a new ‘bean to cup’ machine for latte, cappuccino, and other fancy coffee. (Is anybody from Waitrose and Costa Coffee reading this?)
There’ll be toasted teacakes as well.
We’ll keep the community up to date with the development of the refurbishment.
Brief history of the Dovetail Centre
- Jane Archer – A Simple Vision, and 37 Years Leading The Coffee Room at Dovetail Centre
- How Methodist Church Dovetail Centre Surprises Me
- Coffee And Free WiFi in Chandler’s Ford
- Coffee Shops In Chandler’s Ford
- How Do You Celebrate Christmas? My Christmas in Chandler’s Ford
- Review: Joint Charities 43rd Annual Christmas Market Chandler’s Ford 2016
- Uplifting: Chandler’s Ford 42nd Joint Charities Christmas Market 2015
- Heart-warming Chandler’s Ford Joint Charities 41st Christmas Market 2014
- Barbara Hillier: Story of My Great Uncle Wilfred Herbert Hillier and His Memorial Plaque
- March 2015 Highlight: Comedy Worth a Fortune by Chandler’s Ford MDG Players
- Review: An Evening of Entertainment with Chandler’s Ford MDG Players and Friends from Romsey
- Review: Sudden Death at Thornbury Manor by Chandler’s Ford MDG Players
- Review: Diamond in the Sky by MDG Players
- Comedy Review: Worth a Fortune by MDG Players
- Review: MDG Players’ Ladies of Iniquity
- Christmas Greetings for Chandler’s Ford 2014
- Charming Dickensian Christmas in Chandler’s Ford
- Have You Seen the Most Charming Nativity Set in Chandler’s Ford?
- How Much Is a Cuppa in Chandler’s Ford?