My son and I visited the Coffee Room in the Dovetail Centre of the Methodist Church on Winchester Road yesterday.
I went there to buy some tickets for MDG Players’ upcoming comedy: Ladies of Iniquity.
Three things at the Coffee Room surprised me.
Free WiFi at the Dovetail Centre Coffee Room
First, I was surprised there is now free WiFi at the Coffee Room. You only need to enter a password to access WiFi at the Coffee Room.
Read Coffee And Free WiFi In Chandler’s Ford to find out where you can get free WiFi in Chandler’s Ford.
Free public Internet access and desktop computer
I was even more surprised when I saw a comfortable computer area to the right of the Dovetail Centre – with free public Internet access, and printing facility. Printing is charged at 10p per sheet.
The computer and printer can be locked away neatly in the cupboard.
The Dovetail Centre Coffee Room is open for the general public. Some of you may think that a coffee room in the church is only open for people who belong to the Methodist Church, however it is not true.
The Coffee Room is open to everyone. The Methodist Church’s Coffee Room opens from 9.30am to 12pm from Monday to Saturday.
The Coffee Room is spacious. Tables are neatly presented with lovely fresh flowers; tea and coffee are freshly brewed; seats are comfortable with comfy cushions. There is also a comfy sofa area, which is also a mini library.
Religious books and gossip magazines
There are religious books in the library for you to browse. There is an information desk next to the kitchen. You’ll often find church magazines, leaflets, newspapers, magazines of all sorts, including some gossip magazines. There is also often a box full of books and magazines for toddlers.
In this visit, I found a good collection of magazines amongst the church’s monthly magazines, The Link. (You can download or read The Link magazine online.)
The magazines at the Methodist Church’s Dovetail Centre today include: OK!, Hello!, Yours, Knitting, Camping & Caravanning, Royal Life, New Scientist.
The range of books and magazines in the Dovetail Centre reflects how open the Coffee Room is to meet people with different tastes.
(I understand that the church doesn’t buy these magazines; these are supplied by friends and users of the Coffee Room.)
Pleasant Coffee Room at the heart of Chandler’s Ford
My Fairtrade tea in a small pot cost 50p, and my son’s KitKat biscuit cost 25p.
The Coffee Room carries such a friendly, homely ambiance. It is a wonderful place to socialise with friends, as the space and calm atmosphere allows conversations to take place, without intrusion of loud music as in some coffee shops.
Why would the Methodist Church provide free WiFi for visitors to their Coffee Room and Centre users? Why would they let you use computer and Internet for free?
Providing modern facilities certainly helps attract visitors, improve communication, and connect people in the community.
In Chandler’s Ford, how many other institutions are as open and generous as the Dovetail Centre?
The Coffee Room at the Dovetail Centre at the Methodist Church is a gem in Chandler’s Ford. I’m grateful for its services to the community. I hope to meet you there one day.
- How Do You Celebrate Christmas? My Christmas in Chandler’s Ford
- Christmas Greetings For Chandler’s Ford 2014
- Review: Joint Charities 43rd Annual Christmas Market Chandler’s Ford 2016
- Uplifting: Chandler’s Ford 42nd Joint Charities Christmas Market 2015
- Heart-warming Chandler’s Ford Joint Charities 41st Christmas Market 2014
- In Loving Memory of Wilfred Herbert Hillier
- Barbara Hillier: Story of My Great Uncle Wilfred Herbert Hillier and His Memorial Plaque
- The Crossroad: Musical Drama at Methodist Church
- Age Concern Carol Service at Methodist Church
- Fryern Funtasia 2013: Methodist Church and Ahmad Tea
- November: Chandler’s Ford MDG Players Present Ladies of Iniquity
- Building Strong Fairtrade Community in Chandler’s Ford
- Asante Family Remains Optimistic Despite Chandler’s Ford Shop Closure
- Asante Chandler’s Ford Coffee Shop Closure
- Coffee Shops in Chandler’s Ford
- Coffee And Free WiFi in Chandler’s Ford
- In Love with Chandler’s Ford Coffee Shops
- Fryern Arcade Old and New
- The Big Issue in Chandler’s Ford
- Fryern Arcade in Chandler’s Ford: Major Changes are Coming
- Where is the Centre of Chandler’s Ford?
- Peter Green Coffee Shop
- The Mall Shopping Centre in Chandler’s Ford