I mentioned a few months ago that Nigel and I would be retiring from running Movies @ the Hilt from the end of this year. We had thoroughly enjoyed providing this service but we both had reasons for freeing-up our respective personal time.
Sadly, we have been unsuccessful in finding a new organiser and projectionist for the Hilt but we did listen to feedback that said you wanted movies to continue in the Chandler’s Ford community.
From January 2016: Movies at Thornden Hall
Therefore I am delighted to announce that Moviola’s Movies will continue to be shown in Hiltingbury, although the venue will change to the wonderful Thornden Hall theatre.
There will be a seamless transition as the Movies will start there from January 2016 and the really good news is that the ticket price will remain at £5.
Whereas I appreciate Thornden Hall is probably the furthermost point from the centre of our community, there are many benefits including booking your preferred seat through their online Box Office. It will be a theatre experience as the seats are comfortable, the surround system is the latest Dolby 7.1, the projector is cinema quality, and the screen is huge!
An affordable bar will be open from 6:45pm before the movie and during the interval. New Forest ice creams will also be sold.
The management at Thornden Hall have fully embraced this addition to their current offerings with total enthusiasm and are committed to maintaining a community feel.
Thornden Hall wanted to start off with a bang and here is their exciting initial movie programme:
- January 15 – 45 Years
- January 29 – AMY
- February 26 – Sicario
- April 1 – Lady in the Van
- April 15 – Brooklyn
- April 29 – CAROL
Getting to Thornden Hall on Winchester Road
I hope you will agree that this a top quality showing, peppered with potential Oscar nominations, and covering a diverse range of genres to suit every taste.
Finally I am aware that some of you, who don’t have the legs, or a car, may have a difficulty in getting to Thornden Hall. In this respect I would like us all to act as a community and help those less fortunate. Later on I will organise a car-sharing scheme for those who need a lift.
Thank you for your continued support for showing Movies in Hiltingbury.
- Epicduda: A Batch of Cumbers: Review of Hamlet at Thornden Hall
- Allison Symes: Review: The Importance of Being Earnest at Thornden Hall
- Mike Sedgwick: That’s Entertainment – Parkewood School of Dance
- Allison Symes: High Jinks at the Hiltingbury Extravaganza 2015
- Janet Williams: The Hiltingbury Extrav 2015
- Chippy Minton: Thornden Hall: Alive with The Sound Of Music
- Chippy Minton: Theatre Review: Thornden School: The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13¾
- Janet Williams: 6 Things That Put Chandler’s Ford on The Map in 2014
- Mike Sedgwick: Chandler’s Ford Guide Book Entry
- Janet Williams: Frankenstein – National Theatre Live at Thornden Hall (Oct 2014)
- Thornden Hall: Thornden Hall Presents The Wind in The Willows (Jan 2014)
- Janet Williams: Event at the Hilt – Meet The Real Heroes: Doctor Prakash Amte and Doctor Manda Amte
- Janet Williams: Reading The World at The Hilt: An Evening of Joy and Sorrow
- Janet Williams: Hiltingbury Extravaganza 2014 Chandler’s Ford
Never miss out on another blog post. Subscribe here:
Subscribe to Blog via Email