It’s the day all of us have been waiting for!
Chandler’s Ford rail station re-opened 10 years ago. On October 13 (Sunday), there will be a grand celebration to mark the event.
The celebration starts at 1pm and finishes at 4pm. There will be a Guided Family Bike Ride organised by Mary Wallbank and separate guided Health Walk run by Hannah.
At about 3pm, there will be judging of school art competition. Of course there will be a Chandler’s Ford celebratory cake and drawing of the raffle.
The Three Rivers Tea Stall will provide free tea and coffee.
There will also be throughout:
- a bike doctor
- a smoothie making bike (powered by humans)
- a face painter available.
- a stall selling home made jewellery (local resident)
- a number of helium balloons to hand out
- home made cards on sale (local resident)
- a station quiz
- a display of old station photographs and statistics