Is church boring?
People who went to the Crib Service at St. Boniface Church on Christmas Eve may answer “No”.
On Christmas Eve, the traditional family Crib Service was turned into an evening of entertainment, in the form of Who Wants To Be A Christmas Millionaire?
I was totally surprised.
I’m not sure who came up with the idea of using the game show format of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?, but the congregation seemed to have fun, and they were eager to give their answers in return for coin chocolates.
Luckily the church minister did not send people home when they gave the wrong answers. Many primary school children (and their parents) seemed to have failed on the very first question (worth £100): How many Wise Men were there?
I heard you say “Three”.
But “Three” Wise Men was the wrong answer.
Other questions included:
- Which animal did the Bible say was present at the birth of Jesus? (Have I heard you say ‘a donkey’?)
- When Joseph heard Mary was expecting a baby, what was his reaction?
- Who told Mary and Joseph to go to Jerusalem?
- According to the Bible, how did Joseph and Mary get to Bethlehem? (If you think the answer is: Joseph walked, while Mary was riding on the donkey — you are wrong.)
- When did baby Jesus cry? (If your answer is: when they slapped him, or baby Jesus never cried, you are wrong.)
Finally, the question worth £1 million was: Where did the Wise Men find Jesus?
b) Saudi Arabia
d) In a house
I’m not going to tell you the answer. Feel free to leave your answers to the above questions in the comment – preferably back your answers up with a reliable source. Good luck!