You don’t need to travel far for autumn and Christmas markets.
Chandler’s Ford is the hub for markets from now till Christmas.
Upcoming markets in October and November include:
- Fairtrade Autumn Market: Friday 9th October, 7pm to 9pm: St. Martin in the Wood Church
- Chandler’s Ford Produce and Craft Market: Saturday 10th October, 21st November, 12th December, 10am to 2pm: Age Concern Centre
- Cake and Craft: Saturday 17th October, 1.30pm – 4.00pm: St. Martin in the Wood Church
- Arts, Craft, and Gifts Market: Saturday 14th November, 11am – 3pm: Age Concern Centre
Also, don’t forget one of the most spectacular events in Chandler’s Ford: The Hiltingbury Extrav 2015 on Sunday 20th September, where you find family activities, dog show, music, and market stalls.
This Upcoming Events in Chandler’s Ford page is frequently updated, to help you find local events, and also support local businesses.
Fairtrade Autumn Market: Friday 9th October, 7pm to 9pm: St. Martin in the Wood Church
Eastleigh is now officially a Fairtrade Borough, a status achieved on 7th May 2015, thanks to the hard work by the volunteers at the Fairtrade in Eastleigh Borough Campaign.
At this Fairtrade Autumn Market, you’ll find crafts, jewellery, scarves, clothes, cards, and exquisite gifts, ethically produced from around the world.
Thanks to local Fairtrade promoters Tricia Urquhart (Traidcraft), Heather Dibb, Sue Hunt (Shop Equality in Eastleigh), Asvanna Clothes, and The Leprosy Mission Trading for bringing a variety of Fairtrade goods to share with the community.
Chandler’s Ford Produce and Craft Market: Saturday 10th October, 21st November, 12th December, 10am to 2pm: Age Concern Centre
New markets! A group of local traders will run 3 markets on Saturday at the Chandler’s Ford Age Concern Centre at 7 Brownhill Road (SO53 2EB).
I have also been given a list of some of the traders who will be there:
- Jeff Parsonson, handmade creative wood decorations and toys.
- Diane Allen, Jewelery, made with Glass beads, semi precious stones and fresh water pearls.
- Pauline Wilson, Hand made cards.
- Chris Rennals, Top Quality unique household & ladies accessories.
- Wendy Newman, (Tiffany Method) Stained glass novelty items.
- Jenny Lewis – potter, Stoneware, Pottery, Bowls, mugs and vases, with food-safe glazes.
- Shirley Walker, Folk art painting, one off, useful and decorative items.
- Sue Purdue, Cut flowers/ Flower arrangement.
- Phil & Jackie, Food / savoury and pickles.
- Tom, Fruit and veg.
Cake and Craft: Saturday 17th October, 1.30pm – 4.00pm: St. Martin in the Wood Church
It’s going to be a fun afternoon as before, thanks to organiser Judith Bird. You’ll meet the owls from Falconhigh. Craft stalls, face painting, and tea and yummy cakes. There’ll be various crafts for you to try. I’ll also be running a papercrafting session, so do come and say hi, have a go and have fun.
Arts, Craft, and Gifts Market: Saturday 14th November, 11am – 3pm: Age Concern Centre
Michelle Duffy runs Arts, Craft, and Gift Markets across Hampshire, and I have visited both markets that she ran at the Chandler’s Ford Age Concern Centre. There were a great variety of crafters with their handmade soaps, knitted items, bags, buttons, cards, and jewellery. These markets are really enjoyable and are inspirational.
I hope this autumn you’ll enjoy visiting these markets in Chandler’s Ford, relax, support both Fairtrade and our local traders.
If you know of other local markets, please let the readers know by leaving a comment, or sending me your event flyers.
- Chandler’s Ford Age Concern Centre: Upcoming Craft and Gift Markets
- How Hiltingbury St. Martins Craft & Cakes Connects Community
- Craft & Cakes: St. Martin In The Wood Church
- Eastleigh Borough Achieves Fairtrade Status
- Fairtrade Fashion Show: Who Made Your Clothes?
- Building Strong Fairtrade Community in Chandler’s Ford
- A Fruitful Fairtrade Evening With Community Spirit
- Going Bananas Fairtrade Fashion Show
- Fairtrade In Eastleigh – Swap Your Cuppa Today!
Never miss out on another blog post. Subscribe here:
Subscribe to Blog via Email