On Sunday 13th April 2014, I intend to take part in the Virgin London Marathon to raise funds for Ovacome.
Dr. Lisa-Jayne Clark died only 15 months after her diagnosis, aged just 40, leaving behind her husband, her 2-year-old daughter and heartbroken parents and sisters.
Funds raised will be used for an educational programme called Survivors Teaching Students, to increase awareness of student doctors and nurses of the early symptoms of ovarian cancer. The launch is expected to commence in early 2014 and the rollout will be across the UK. It is hoped this will save many lives.
Lisa-Jayne was an A&E Consultant, in Emergency Medicine, working at the Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth. Lisa-Jayne was a music fan, Coldplay was her favourite, and she regularly volunteered for the Festival Medical Services (FMS) providing health care for festival goers.
It was at Glastonbury in 2011 that Lisa-Jayne first felt unwell. She suspected she was pregnant, but further investigations showed that she had ovarian cancer. She had not recognised her own symptoms of ovarian cancer at an early, treatable stage.
Ovarian cancer key facts:
- Ovarian cancer is the most lethal gynaecological cancer and the seventh leading cause of cancer death among women in the world.
- The majority of women are diagnosed with ovarian cancer at an advanced stage.
- There is currently no screening programme.
- Early diagnosis improves outcomes.
This post is to ask you to sponsor me so I can make this challenge really worthwhile and make as much money as possible for this very important cause.
It’s easy to donate online by credit or debit card. Virgin Money Giving sends your donation straight to Ovacome and automatically reclaims Gift Aid if you’re a UK taxpayer, so your donation is worth even more. To donate, visit: Richard Stock raising money for Ovacome.
Thank you in appreciation for any support you can give, however small, it all helps.
- Lisa Clark’s Legacy
- Roger Clark’s Quest to Antarctica to Photograph the Right Penguins
- Roger Clark: Trip of a Lifetime – My Antarctic Trip
- Richard Stock: Fundraising for Ovacome
- Richard Stock Raising Money For Ovacome
Never miss out on another blog post. Subscribe here:
Subscribe to Blog via Email