Missed some good films last year?
Chandler’s Ford people are lucky as you can now watch great films at Thornden Hall. Each ticket is only £5.
Thornden Hall’s newest venture Movies at the Hall starts on Friday 15th January 2016.
The first film to be shown is the award-winning 45 Years, starring Charlotte Rampling and Tom Courtenay.
Successful community cinema: from The Hilt to Thornden Hall
The team at the Hall are excited about offering regular movie screenings in association with Moviola, one of the largest rural film schemes in Europe.
Community cinema has established itself within Chandler’s Ford and Hiltingbury for many years at The Hilt (Hiltingbury Community Centre).
From January 2016, Thornden Hall would continue develop the community cinema scheme with its High Definition projection, a larger screen and full Dolby Digital surround sound.
45 Years has been nominated in the Outstanding British Film category for the 2016 BAFTA Awards.
Movies at Thornden Hall for the rest of the season include:
- AMY – 29th January 2016
- Sicario – 26th February 2016
- Lady in the Van – 1st April 2016
- Brooklyn – 15th April 2016
- Carol – 29th April 2016
Tickets for all the shows are available online 24 hours a day at Thornden Hall.
Telephone bookings can be made between 9am and 4pm, Monday to Friday on 023 8024 6555 and bookings in person from Thornden School Reception between 8.30am and 4pm during school days.
The Theatre Box Office will open 45 minutes before the advertised start time for last minute sales, and the well stocked bar will be open providing sweets, crisps, hot drinks, wines, beers and cold drinks.
Thornden Hall, Winchester Road, Chandler’s Ford, Eastleigh SO53 2DW
Box Office: 023 8024 6555
- Roger Clark: From Movies at the Hilt to Movies at the Hall
- Roger Clark: When a Curtain Closes Another One Opens
- Allison Symes: Shakespeare Inspirations – Hamlet at Thornden Hall
- Epicduda: A Batch of Cumbers: Review of Hamlet at Thornden Hall
- Allison Symes: Review: The Importance of Being Earnest at Thornden Hall
- Mike Sedgwick: That’s Entertainment – Parkewood School of Dance
- Allison Symes: High Jinks at the Hiltingbury Extravaganza 2015
- Janet Williams: The Hiltingbury Extrav 2015
- Chippy Minton: Thornden Hall: Alive With The Sound Of Music
- Chippy Minton: Theatre Review: Thornden School: The Secret Diary Of Adrian Mole, Aged 13¾
- Janet Williams: 6 Things That Put Chandler’s Ford On The Map In 2014
- Mike Sedgwick: Chandler’s Ford Guide Book Entry
- Janet Williams: Frankenstein – National Theatre Live At Thornden Hall (Oct 2014)
- Thornden Hall: Thornden Hall Presents The Wind In The Willows (Jan 2014)
Never miss out on another blog post. Subscribe here:
Subscribe to Blog via Email