My friend sent me a copy of the Liberal Democrat’s Spring 2014 newsletter yesterday.
She said ‘word is going round’ as the Chandler’s Ford & Hiltingbury Liberal Democrats highlighted our engaging apostrophe debate.
I never knew my friend is a Lib Dem member.
In your feedback, most of you argued the significance of the apostrophe in Chandler’s Ford. “Drop it at your P E R I L !!!!!” Your feedback also reflected that the use of the apostrophe is a grammar, cultural, historical, and also an emotional issue.
The editor of the newsletter is Peter J Child. He wrote:
“…take a look at Jackie Porter’s web page and see the hard and important work she is undertaking on our behalf and spread the word so that we get her elected next year. Take the link from her page and give your opinion on the apostrophe in Chandler’s Ford (see which way my vote went!).”
By Peter J Child
I am delighted as more and more people have joined in to discuss the apostrophe, and our community. Let’s continue to challenge and inspire other people, in many things we do in the community, including debating the use of the apostrophe.
We can do things right. Chandler’s Ford Today aspires to be the platform where all of us share ideas and resources, to improve the community, and to support one another.
- Chandler’s Ford Today For Chandler’s Ford Community
- Is Chandler’s Ford A Jaguar? Meet Roger Clark.
- Neil Duddridge: The Man Behind Chandler’s Ford Today (With Huskies)
- Lib Dem Joined The Apostrophe Debate of Chandler’s Ford
- Chandler’s Ford Or Chandlers Ford? You Choose.
- Does Spelling Matter? Notes On Chandler’s Ford Library.
- How I love Your Comments