Welcome to Gardening Tips for July.
I’m Mo Mariner and gardening has been my hobby and passion for over 30 years. I’m a qualified local garden designer.
Dead heading of all flowering plants is important, as it encourages new growth and further blooms. This includes the roses. Dead heading also keeps the plants looking neat and tidy.
- Weeding is also a must, as is cutting the lawn. These two jobs should be done weekly.
- Containers and hanging baskets should be watered daily, and remember those hanging baskets are often very close to walls, which means that they don’t get much of the rainfall. They will also need a general feed once a month.
- Roses now require feeding with a general fertiliser to keep them in good condition.
- Cut back perennials that have finished flowering to encourage repeat flowering.
- Tie up ramblers and climbers.
- Support tall plants where necessary.
- Prune Lavender back after flowering.
Happy gardening everyone!