Bishop’s Waltham Butchers will come to the Fryern Arcade in Chandler’s Ford soon.
The problem is there has been a delay with the move of the post office in the Fryern Arcade. See the notices:
Old Notice: The post office will move on the 28th of May 2014.
New Notice: The post office will move on the 28th of June 2014.
Toby Roberts, owner of D & G Hardware, told me about the news of the arrival of Bishop’s Waltham Butchers yesterday. Toby and Andy know each other as D & G Hardware and Bishop’s Waltham Butchers both run their businesses at Locks Heath Shopping Centre.
I remember I had seen two post boxes side-by-side before, perhaps in London, but I don’t think two identical post boxes side-by-side is a common sight. Am I wrong? Have you seen any post box + companion apart from this pair? Perhaps one post box would just be a bit too lonely? One for sorrow; two for joy?
I also showed you some of the modern British stamps I’ve collected in the past 10 years in my Nostalgia: My Stamp Collection post. My son was not happy as his Doctor Who stamps were not featured there. I promised him I would add the Doctors. My son also writes on Chandler’s Ford Today, and it is only fair that I connect with him through the Doctors.
Related posts on the Fryern Arcade, Chandler’s Ford:
- New Grover Butchers At Fryern Arcade
- Fryern Arcade: Butchers And Post Office
- Fryern Arcade WH Smith Local & Post Office Open
- Fryern Arcade Post Office: Open 7 Days A Week?
- What Had Happened To The Fryern Arcade Public Toilets?
- Fryern Arcade D & G Hardware Store
- Fryern Arcade Old And New
- Fryern Arcade’s Fresh Look: MIBI, D & G
- Fryern Arcade In Chandler’s Ford: Major Changes Are Coming
- Buying Christmas Trees At Fryern Arcade
- “We’re Sorry To Be Leaving Fryern…But…”
- Where Is The Centre Of Chandler’s Ford?
- How I love Your Comments
- Coffee And Free WiFi In Chandler’s Ford
- In Love With Chandler’s Ford Coffee Shops
- D & G Hardware: From Canberra To Chandler’s Ford
- Nostalgia: My Stamp Collection
- The Big Issue In Chandler’s Ford
- The Myth Of Thomas The Tank Engine
- Who Are The Heavenly Knitters in Chandler’s Ford?
- Table Hogging