Players from Eastleigh under 13 whites & under 13 blue came together before their Tyro Div 1 game last Sunday.
Football Remembers Week takes place from 5-14 December 2014.
This is a joint collaboration between The FA, the Premier League, the Football League and the British Council. The aim is to engage football fans and players at every level about what took place on Christmas Day one hundred years ago on the battlefields in Belgium.
No man’s land
On 25 December 1914, soldiers from both sides put down their weapons and crossed into No man’s land to share in an impromptu ceasefire.
First-hand accounts from the time include references to football being played and photographs taken.
All photos uploaded to social media using #footballremembers will be automatically uploaded to a special website – Football Remembers.
The site shall act as a moment of record of football in 2014, a century on from the First World War, and will be preserved for future generations.
- Eastleigh FC: Football, Family And Photography
- Eastleigh 2 Dartford 0
- Eastleigh 2 Lincoln City 1: Take Off For The Spitfires
- WH Smith Chandler’s Ford: Good Books In Community
- David Beckham’s Chinese Tattoo
- Remembrance Sunday In Chandler’s Ford 9 November 2014
- The Poppies At The Tower Of London
- Eastleigh Bunting & Eastleigh Museum WW1 Poetry Evening
- Re-dedication Of Chandler’s Ford War Memorial
- Renovating Chandler’s Ford War Memorial
- Beyond The Sunset
- Chandler’s Ford War Memorial. Can You Help?