Eastleigh Football Club were delighted to support the Marie Curie Great Daffodil Appeal.
At the recent home game against Cheltenham Town, Marie Curie volunteers were invited to mingle with supporters receiving donations and giving out Daffodil pins to show support for the Marie Curie Nurses.
Hampshire Community Fundraising Manager Wendy Savage said, “It was so nice of Eastleigh Football Club to allow us the opportunity to raise much needed funds.”
Marie Curie Nurses offer free care to people living with a terminal illness in the comfort of their own homes.
Every £20 raised provides a Marie Curie nurse for one hour.
Wendy Savage said, “We are so lucky to have volunteers willing to come out on a cold night and get involved. Eastleigh Football Club staff were so helpful and welcoming too. We raised £275 and would like to thank home and away supporters for their generosity.”
Marie Curie Nurse Debbie Mallaney caused amusement by dressing as a larger than life Daffodil.
And Eastleigh won 1-0 in front of an enthusiastic crowd of 1982 so congratulations all round.
- CVathon for Marie Curie and Sophia’s Footsteps
- Marie Curie and Sainsbury’s Eastleigh
- Marie Curie Local Fundraising: Successful First Year
- Marie Curie Fundraising Success At Chandler’s Ford Asante
- Marie Curie – Care For A Cuppa
- Fundraising Success For Marie Curie Nurses
- Marie Curie For Chandler’s Ford And Eastleigh
- What’s On in Chandler’s Ford – Spring 2016
Never miss out on another blog post. Subscribe here:
Subscribe to Blog via Email