The Brownhill surgery on Brownhill Road in Chandler’s Ford will be closing on 30th November 2017.
According to a letter dated 13th July, from West Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group, “The Brownhill Surgery will remain open and you can continue to access all of the same services until 30 November 2017, so please do not re-register with another practice at this stage.”
Click to enlarge the following letter (2 pages):
The letter said,
“The Brownhill Surgery has informed the NHS (West Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group) that they are no longer able to continue to provide general medical services after the 30th November 2017.
This has been an extremely difficult decision for Drs Farmer and Tromans.
The decision has been taken due to difficulties in the recruitment of General Practitioners as a result of national GP shortages and increasing workload pressure. ”
West Hampshire CCG said they are reviewing options for the future provision of services. They would like to hear your views on whether:
1) You would prefer for the NHS to re-register you with one of 9 local practices, including
- Fryern Surgery
- Park and St Francis Surgery
- North Baddersley Health Centre
- Archers Practice
- Parkside Family Practice
- Boyatt Wood Surgery
- St Andrew’s Surgery
- Twyford Surgery
- Stokewood Surgery
This would be undertaken according to the closest practice to your address (usually within 3 miles).
2) You would prefer to be given the choice of practice with which you register.
The practice you choose would need to be within the geographical catchment area of that practice.
Your views can be given by completing a short survey (which contains 17 questions) Brownhill Surgery, Chandler’s Ford, and only takes 10 minutes to complete.
The survey will be available until 11th August 2017. Paper copies of the survey are available from the Brownhill Surgery.
The questions include:
Three local drop-in events: The Hilt and Chandler’s Ford Methodist Church
There’ll be 3 drop-in events for West Hampshire Clinical Commissining Group to hear your views:
1) Monday 31st July, from 2pm to 7pm: Cuckoo Bush Hall, The Hilt, Hiltingbury Community Centre, Hiltingbury Road, SO53 5NP
2) Thursday 3rd August, from 11.30am to 4.30pm: Cuckoo Bush Hall, The Hilt, Hiltingbury Community Centre, Hiltingbury Road, SO53 5NP
3) Wednesday 9th August, from 5pm to 8pm: Chandler’s Ford Methodist Church, Winchester Road, SO53 2GJ
“Until this time, local practices have been asked not to register any patients from Brownhill Surgery.”
If you have any enquiries, email: email@example.com.